It is currently Tue, 12 December 2017 3:03 am

Doom Reborn 
WOS Member

Post Doom Reborn
Hey guys, just thought I'd throw this out for everyone. There is a small group that has dedicated their free time to recreate id's original Doom levels using the much newer interface of Doom 3. They are doing an excellent job too. They are currently in alpha stage, and are looking for coders, texture artists, and whatnot. The game play is good, and the remake is solid and faithful as can be expected based on differences between the two game engines. I thought I should post it, because without Doom (and Wolfenstein too), we wouldn't be who we are today.
http://www.doomreborngame.com/

Wed, 04 March 2015 2:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Doom Reborn
Cool idea. I am pressed flat to the ground with day job fun for several weeks, but will look into this if I get out of March alive.

Thu, 19 March 2015 1:49 pm
Profile YIM
WOS Member

Post Re: Doom Reborn
They've had some issues come up, but such is life... gonna update the link and put a new coat of paint on the description:

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the original Doom series of games. Following hot on the tail of Wolfenstein, it revolutionized PC gaming. Ever wish you could play the original levels, modernized with higher quality graphics? Would you love to use the mouse and keyboard the way you do any Windows-based shooter?

Introducing Doom: Reborn. I believe this to be an ultimate tribute to a game changing software title that really kicked FPS's into the market, including our beloved Quake 2. It is a total conversion mod for Doom3, that allows you to play those original levels with high-res graphics and the modern keyboard/mouse control we've come to know like the back of our hands.

I've been in touch with one of the main developers, and kind of like our community, he has a life, and that gets in the way of doing other things :P We're looking for a way to help spread the word, and I'd thought I'd come here. There's plans to possibly even develop the mod to a stand-alone so the base game isn't required, although there's copyright concerns involved with that. Currently they're on ModDB at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomreborn
and anyone who might be interested in texturing, coding, or modeling could talk to GameHacker, who currently maintains the mod.

Fri, 17 November 2017 6:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW