It is currently Fri, 20 October 2017 4:25 pm

Gravity 
WDL

Post Gravity
So I looked at the weekend section of the paper and saw that the movie; Gravity got 4 out of 4 stars. Its rare I see that. A little later on, I saw "The Daily Show". John Stewart interviewed Sandra Bullock who was featured in that movie.

And so I went.....

Its worth every one of its stars and there's something for everyone. George Clooney & Sandra Bullock, the tale is gripping, the special effects were astonishing. (Considering they somehow did the zero gravity stuff every bit as effectively as they did on Apollo 13 without using the "Vomit Comet.")

There are only a couple of glaring technical details they got completely wrong (I won't discuss them as they're pretty central to the story) but at least the Shuttle bay doors were open and the interiors of the various vehicles were very accurate.

This one is worth the trip to the theater. It needs to be seen at least in a 3D theater. If you have IMAX available, go to that one. Sadly it was the Regal 7 here that was showing it in Columbia. 3D but a small non-stadium shoebox theater.

http://gravitymovie.warnerbros.com/#/home

Fri, 04 October 2013 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
WDL

Post Re: Gravity
I'll take that as a celebrity endorsement. I was thinking of taking in a movie this weekend so I expect I shall see Gravity on the basis of this review. :)

Having not seen it, I will say I was not going to go see it on the simple fact that a collision in space slow enough to have survivors will be entirely avoidable. A collision in space fast enough to be unavoidable will have no survivors. It would be instant flash into oblivion, assuming the objects were large, of course. Micrometeorites strike the ISS constantly and all of them have been survivable.

I have no idea how they plan to present this premise so I will go for the story.

Sat, 05 October 2013 3:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Gravity
I still haveb't seen this. It looks kind of boring.

Tue, 06 June 2017 6:19 am