It is currently Wed, 17 January 2018 2:33 pm

N@W 5.2 

Post N@W 5.2
In the new release of N@W, there is alot of new features, but you need to unlock some of them. You MUST play on a ranked server to get weapon unlocks.
the official N@W 5.2 server is 72.36.221.2
after 150 points you will get the first rank, PFC and the first weapon unlocks.

Thu, 29 May 2008 10:10 am
Administrator

Post Re: N@W 5.2
Ouch. Starting at the bottom again ... my first 1,000 hours of BF2 not counting for much. :lol:

Thu, 29 May 2008 10:16 am
Profile YIM
WDL

Can you run unranked 5.2 and get the "better" code and features or is there no alternative to ranked? Seems to me the real reason for ranked servers is #1 Cash cow for the publisher because admins pay to rent a ranked server from them instead of "free" servers around the globe. The game industry is so expensive and competitive every last dime has to be gleaned from the game in server fees and in-game adverts. What a racket. Sounds like the NAW group is "monetizing" their mod. Can't say I blame them, I wish I had done it and retired at 35. :)

Thu, 29 May 2008 10:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Should be same code as far as I know. I finally played my first "Real" game today, with Rail, and managed to rack up 130+ points (compared to Rail's 150+) ... not a bad game.

Thu, 29 May 2008 2:54 pm
Profile YIM
WDL

There may be some bug because I never played on a ranked server and had the unlocks right away. Short was the same way and I believe BeetleBill also had all the unlocks. If you don't have them, like BillBadMule didn't, you just have to play the ranked server for a round or two and you nail them. Once done you have them even for the unranked server. This is for the naw mod only.

I believe that you can run your own server, have it ranked at no cost, it is just a small bit of software to install. The owner of the server cannot be admin, and I guess that is why BeetleBill hasn't gone forward with the install. It is just to report the stats I think. Nothing goes to EA.

B

Thu, 29 May 2008 4:30 pm

I am having an issue with transfering the global unlocks to unranked servers. THe game lets me have the unlocked weapons on ranked NAW servers but not in unranked servers. I am currently looking for help[ from the NAW creators on this.

Fri, 30 May 2008 11:23 pm
WDL

Apparently BBM is having the same issue even though Beetle has the server config set to allow players to use their unlocks. Let us know what you find.

B

Sat, 31 May 2008 7:12 am
Administrator

I have had full access to all of the unlocks when playing unranked servers.

Sun, 01 June 2008 8:05 am
Profile YIM