It is currently Wed, 17 January 2018 2:39 pm

BF2 Final Patch 1.5 
WDL

Post BF2 Final Patch 1.5
The final BF2 Patch v1.50 is coming Tuesday September 1st!

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release! The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe.

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

If interested you will have to find a download link on Tuesday.

B

Thu, 27 August 2009 7:53 am
WDL

Post Re: BF2 Final Patch 1.5
I installed this patch this morning. It installed fine to a cloned drive so that if something went wrong, it wouldn't be a disaster.

The new map doesn't really excite me, just a hog pog of many maps rolled into one. I don't know if they tweaked any audio but it sure sounds a lot different. I joined an AIX server and was surprised to find that I had all of my unlocks. A nice bonus. Unfortunately my favourite servers are all still red but that may change this evening.

Search for BF2 1.5 patch there should be a lot of sites hosting by now.

B

Tue, 01 September 2009 3:48 pm
WDL

Some issues have showed up already. I suppose with any patch there are still bugs. Here are the ones I have found on forums.

Alt-Tab issue where it crashes the game.

If there is any anti-aliasing on, it will crash. When anti-aliasing
is set to "Off" in video.con, there is no crash.
Possibly this is a Catalyst issue.

CD Key Problem - after install it doesn't recognize your disk.

Sounds like your key got corrupted in registry, try looking in your registry here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc] And see if
it got messed up, if so simply retype it there.

Joystick problems

Reset the controls in the secondary column for aircraft and helicopter.

B

Thu, 03 September 2009 8:26 am
Administrator

Downloading the patch now ...

Thu, 03 September 2009 2:42 pm
Profile YIM
WDL

Make sure it isn't the beta, otherwise it is a complete re-install. I stopped one player from installing the beta after a five hour download. Easy to get the wrong one on download day, it should be obvious by now but just in case.

B

Thu, 03 September 2009 6:10 pm
WDL

There is a bad thing happening here. Most admins of the mods have decided not to convert to 1.5 at this time and are remaining with 1.4.

B

Sun, 06 September 2009 10:11 am
WDL

Happiness is a bug-free final patch. :)

Mon, 07 September 2009 10:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
WDL

Haven't found any bugs so far.

B

Mon, 07 September 2009 2:24 pm
WDL

Oh, I thought the bad things happening was causing the admins to stay at 1.4. I guess the bad thing happening is the fact they are not upgrading.

Mon, 07 September 2009 4:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
WDL

Yes, the server providers told the admins that it wasn't necessary to upgrade and I think that a lot of people were a little apprehensive about this patch. I haven't found any problems on the mods but the vanilla servers tell me from time to time that "this server does not allow players with modified content to play" I have to reconnect and play but it is annoying. Other than that I don't think there is much change.

The unfortunate thing that has happened is some of my playing buddies went ahead with the 1.5 without making an image or without another plan. I was fortunate that I have a cloned drive and installed the 1.5 on that. It is easy to switch out if I want to. I have two http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Stor ... 0023sn.asp thermaltake drive racks so only takes a shut down to flop out the drives and restart.

B

Mon, 07 September 2009 9:50 pm