It is currently Wed, 17 January 2018 2:37 pm

Recap on BF2 Files and Mods 
WDL

Post Recap on BF2 Files and Mods
I’ve resurrected the Gaming PC and we are starting over from scratch, and not to mention most of the downloaded files went with the old hard drive. At this point I’ve started my nightly downloads, BVJ could you please post a quick list of the Mod and Map packs needed to download and install? Thanks

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity". :eek:
http://www.tech151.com

Sat, 29 August 2009 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
WDL

Post Re: Recap on BF2 Files and Mods
If you wait two more days you can download the new 1.5 patch. You will have to anyway. That will eliminate any incremental patches. This is for BF2 and includes any installed mods. On download day the necessary files will probably be evident then.

For mods there is AIX www.aixtended.com and you need
the aix 2.0 server files. I am not sure how the server gets maps, whether it is the same download as the player or it is included, I will research that. A player needs the 2.0 client files and the 2.0 core map pack then the Imtheheadhunters map pack. Finally there are the TNG map packs found here: http://www.internationalsoldieralliance.com/ but requires registration to be able to download them. There are many extra maps that are really great but haven't been included on most servers. If they become popular they could be included. At the moment this is a lot of downloading.

The above are the most popular choices with the most players looking for a game.

Other mods are POE www.pointofexistence.com and www.nawmod.com and finally project reality which some people like
http://www.realitymod.com/

My BF2 folder is 25 gigs in size. The new patch will include all of the expansion packs which had to be purchased up till this patch. Who know how big it will become. Might need a Blue Ray disk to hold it all.

B

Sun, 30 August 2009 9:19 am
Administrator

Cool. Good news there there is a new update. I will gear up for this as well. I am finally (I HOPE!!!!!) finishing the Day Job Release I have been working on for the last two months, and will get some free time again here.

Tue, 01 September 2009 8:33 am
Profile YIM
WDL

Great news Phlem, sounds like a break is needed.

Re: the 1.5 patch, you must have Battlefield 2 installed and patched up to 1.41 before the 1.5 patch is installed. At least from what I am reading. I don't know why or maybe a misprint in the forums but time will clear that issue up.

I am downloading the file now, and I see windows and linux server files displayed as well. http://games.on.net/file/29153/Battlefield_2_Patch_v1.5 but there may be other faster sites available by the time you read this.

B

Tue, 01 September 2009 9:58 am