It is currently Thu, 14 December 2017 5:44 pm

New Pilot Toys 

Post New Pilot Toys
Just bought a Saitek x52 PRO flight control system for my PC Looking Forward to flying some soon. Anybody gaming any more?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.html

Sat, 12 March 2011 3:54 pm
WDL

Post Re: New Pilot Toys
I try. I see we had 4 players on Loxo tonight but I was unable to join in due to other things going on here at home.

Sat, 12 March 2011 11:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I won't be home till the 18th myself. On the road in Linton ND, and I have discovered none of the battlefield series play well on laptops and online play via motel wifi is almost a hopeless try.

Sun, 13 March 2011 11:49 am
WDL

Yes, all the hotels I have been staying at lately have 768k for the ENTIRE hotel. Some evenings I only see 23k on downloads, even browsing is a pain.

Mon, 14 March 2011 2:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

just try running Netflix on a Wii, VPN with huge Visio Database sync and a personal laptop each nght. And that is just my room, we have 6 guys sync on the vpn every day, 1700 miles worth.

Mon, 14 March 2011 8:33 pm

now all I need is a good set of rudder pedals and I will be set for now. Saitek makes a real good set of simulaids for flight sims, art. horizons radio stacks, you name it.

Mon, 14 March 2011 8:40 pm
Administrator

I've been dog-sick for several weeks this year, so my playing has been minimal. Just starting to climb out of the pity pot and get on with fun parts of life again. Meanwhile, my Q2 machine is near death (it shuts down after 20 minutes of up-time). I am in the process of migrating my Q2 stuff to my "new" machine so I can LOX again. I did fire up BF2BC recently, but am apparently now running an outdated Punkbuster, so I kept getting dumped off of my favorite servers. Need to update.

Will try to get some more gaming going this weekend, which is start of spring break here in Oregon.

Any of you play Minecraft yet? I keep hearing about it, but have not actually tried playing it yet. If it's fun, it might be worthwhile having a joint play night some night, or perhaps even put up a test server (though I believe that you have to have a 64-bit OS to run the game server).

- P

Thu, 17 March 2011 12:29 pm
Profile YIM
Administrator

I got Q2 working again ... moved it all to my "new" machine I built a year ago. It's amazing how well it works (never saw Q2 look so good).

- P

Fri, 18 March 2011 12:47 pm
Profile YIM
Administrator

I am still disappointed by the flying controls in BF2BC ... I could fly half decently in BF2, not as good as BVJ of course, but enough to land without killing everyone on board. But I have spent hours trying to learn to fly on BF2BC and I die every time. Has anyone heard if the upcoming BF3 is going to be any better?

Sat, 21 May 2011 9:27 am
Profile YIM

BF3 is going to be a PC Centric game. The Bad Company series was console centric and adapted to pc. From what I have been able to gather, the flight controls will be similar (yet improved) BF2 I cant wait till it comes out. May have to upgrade the PC to meet specs.

Sun, 22 May 2011 8:42 pm
WOS Member

Re Question by Railcar "anyone gaming anymore".
Yes the Tyrannic1 is gaming off and on. Usually do a little AIX2.0
and BF2BC2,
Have no contact with other players anymore as Teamspeak3 server I used to join is either not there anymore or the password had been changed?
I do see 3 other player I used to play with on BF2BC2 but do not know
their emails to get new TSP3 server or password or communicate with them.
I do use Xfire to see who's playing but no one seems to be using that anymore. Xfire does work fine but no one logs in anymore.
Why is that so?
TN1

Sun, 04 September 2011 11:10 am
WDL

Quote:
I do see 3 other player I used to play with on BF2BC2 but do not know
their emails to get new TSP3 server or password or communicate with them.

Password sent to your e-mail.

Quote:
I do use Xfire to see who's playing but no one seems to be using that anymore. Xfire does work fine but no one logs in anymore.
Why is that so?

The BBC2 friends list works better for finding and joining the game. Maybe that's why!

B

Thu, 08 September 2011 10:20 am
Administrator

I still play BF2B2, but have only you (BFJ) and one other "friend". I will keep looking for you. I have actually up-leveled a couple of times in the last month (around level 27 now I think).

Note that on BF2BC, my fun quotient has gone WAY UP since I found an on-line instruction on how to fix the games joystick problems so you can properly fly choppers. You have to manually edit one of the config files to change the polarity of the settings, but it actually works! I love flying, even though I suck at it, so it has made the game much more fun for me. Let me know if any of you play and want the tweak info.

(Yes, it really is the old Star Trek "reverse the polarity" trick! :D )

- P

Fri, 09 September 2011 4:02 pm
Profile YIM
WDL

I tried one trick I found and it worked so so. Just learned to fly keyboard. I bought a console type controller (saitek) worked pretty well except one control always ended up reversed no matter what I did. That really worked well if I just remembered that control. Otherwise, crash and burn. My BBC2 name is as you see it below, thuqm1n. I am back now, moved in and have played two rounds of BBC2. If anyone wants in on teamspeak let me know and I will send password and address, we are here in the evenings, usually after 7PM Pacific.

B

Tue, 13 September 2011 9:10 pm

I am on Motel WIFI, so I cant get on and play, but would love to get back on and chat with the guys. Email me if you would please Railcar79@gmail.com

Tue, 13 September 2011 9:49 pm