It is currently Mon, 19 February 2018 6:16 pm

Afternoon Delight - Saturday October 18 Frag Rendezvous 
Administrator

Post Afternoon Delight - Saturday October 18 Frag Rendezvous
Join me in LoxoLand this Saturday from 2 to 4 PM Pacific (5 to 7 PM Eastern) for a bit of Fraggerdashery. Gibs a' plenty to be found at the Old Lox Corral.

Wed, 15 October 2008 8:10 pm
Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Afternoon Delight - Saturday October 18 Frag Rendezvous
Well, we had at least two other people show up. We'll try again some time soon.

Sat, 18 October 2008 4:26 pm
Profile YIM
WDL

A little disappointing. Sorry I couldn't show up. I am in Houston this week and don't have quake on the laptop.

Sat, 18 October 2008 7:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sorry about not making it, but still working on getting Q2 to open.Got no idea why it will not open.I'm using 2K tried to open with R1 and Q2 but nothing happens

Sat, 18 October 2008 7:34 pm
Administrator

No intent to spread guilt ... god knows I have been MIA / without-working-machine / otherwise engaged quite a bit the last couple of years. Just trying to keep the fires burning while you Road Warriors are out there earning a living.

We'll try again.

Re: not have Q2 on your laptop, I guess I should crank out a few more LoxStyx for folks. :D You really can put all of Q2, with most of the maps you are every likely to play, on one tiny little $20 thumb drive. It is a bit slower in the loading department between maps, but run-time play is indistinguishable, at least for me.

I am having my own problems now with getting phone-jacked every three minutes or less. Every time I started to get ahead today, I had to reconnect and start back at zero. :oops: It happens only on my main game machine, not my laptop (which is considerably slower and wirelessly connected to boot).

Anyways, until next time ...

Sat, 18 October 2008 10:53 pm
Profile YIM

Now I feel guilty, as activities director, I should have been on top of this!!! Everything is extremely busy here in GA, 13-14 Hrs a day working, 2 days left to sleep. I didn't even get out this weekend for fishing, or sightseeing. I will try to get back on the ball for activities soon.

Sun, 19 October 2008 7:56 am
WDL

Life comes first. You haven't slacked off, everyone knows that you are very busy now, don't sweat it.

Saturday afternoon, on a nice clear sky day, wasn't a good time for me, unless I took pleasure in being neutered. :lol:

B

Sun, 19 October 2008 8:50 am
WDL

Clear and fresh skies and mid-eighty's (Farengi-heit) here in Houston. Nice Sunday afternoon, bought a new battery for the cell phone and some AA's for the camera. Seems I am always buying new packs for use in the camera, packing them home and then forgetting to pack them on the way out again.

NP on the long hours and job and family obligations there Railcar, RL always comes first and the last priority should be gaming. Having the other way round is just plain wrong.

Phlem, you are right about the memory stick idea. I actually have the entire Quake2 tree on a WD Passport drive here with me but I took it off the laptop drive to make space for all kinds of tools I needed at work. The keyboard is also a bit inconvenient for game play and I know you would not want to defeat me if I wasn't at my best, that would just be WRONG. :) Most of these hotel internet connections are wireless and that can throw some lag in as well. When I am home on a weekend and I have time from the honey-do's I can get in there and scrap a few frags.

I will be in and out of Houston for the next several months as the customer is paying for me to be here and I am something my boss calls a "profit center asset"... or words to that effect. :) Of course these days they want 20% annual growth but only want to give out pitiable raises for that performance.
CEO bonuses: Big Pay for Fictional Performance from made-up numbers.
Worker bonuses: You get to keep your job. What? Not happy? Here's some unrealistic goals from unrealistic expectations for next year.

I think many people will be glad to keep and get jobs this year.

Oops. I really went on a rant there. :oops:

Sun, 19 October 2008 10:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
WDL

Sorry I missed it, been working many long hours. On this project they say that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I haven’t seen the light yet!

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity". :eek:
http://www.tech151.com

Sun, 19 October 2008 2:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW